Teaching Languages Language Teaching and Learning
This section of the website will present some iPod/iPhone/iPad apps that may be of use in the Modern Language class.
These apps are available from the iTunes Store.
Click on the images for more information on each app.
|Apps for All Languages||Italian Apps||Spanish Apps||German Apps||French Apps|
For many years the MLPSI produced a newsletter called Language Links which contained articles, photos and information on training and cultural events related to language learning. It also featured extensive covergae of the language learninig taking place in MLPSI schools. Due to recent budgetary decisions, we are no longer able to produce hard copies of the newsletter, but MLPSI schools receive regular E-Zines by email which contain updates on school events, training and other language events.
Please click on the links below to download past issues of our newsletter Language Links:
Please click on the following links to download past issues:
2004: Language Links Issue 12
- Language Links Issue 21 / Issue 21 - print-friendly version
- Language Links Issue 22 / Issue 22 - print-friendly version
Scoileanna lán-Ghaeilge agus Gaeltachta -
- Na chéad chéimeanna má tá scoil ag dul leis an MLPSI
- Seirbhísí Tacaíochta do Scoileanna (NUA)
- Múinteoirí Nua-theanga ar Cuairt á thabhairt Isteach
- Smaointe le Nuatheanga a chomhthathu i seomra ranga bunscoile
- Eolas don Príomhoide
- Eolas don Múinteoir Ranga
- Eolas don Múinteoir Ranga mar Óstach
- Nóta Eolais do thuismitheoirí
- Plean na Scoile Uile: Nuatheangacha
- Plean Ceachta (Nua)
- Plean Míosúil
- Plean Téarma
- Cuntas Míosúil ar Nuatheangacha - sampla folamh
- Cuntas Míosúil ar Nuatheangacha - sampla comhlánaithe
- Cuntas Miosúil - Ábhar na Seirbhíse Pleanála um Fhorbairt Scoile arna chur in oiriúint
- Plean Topaice
- Plean maidir le Dul Chun Cinn Topaic
- Topaic: An áit a bhfuil conai orm, Rang 5 - Fraincis
- Topaic: An áit a bhfuil conai orm, Rang 6 - Fraincis
- Comhtháthú na Nuatheanga in Imeachtai Ranga, Scoile and leis an gCuraclam Bunscoile
Teanga an Ranga agaus na Scoile:
- Smaointe do Neadú na hIodáilise don Mhúinteoir Ranga Óstach nach saineolaí é /í
- Smaointe do Neadú na Spáinnise don Mhúinteoir Ranga Óstach nach saineolaí é /í
- Smaointe do Neadú na Gearmáinise don Mhúinteoir Ranga Óstach nach saineolaí é /í
- Smaointe do Neadú na Fraincise don Mhúinteoir Ranga Óstach nach saineolaí é /í
Mo Cháipéis Teangan Eorpach - My European Language Portfolio:
- Conas teangacha a fhoghlaim: ár leideanna
- Is féidir liom...
- Mo chuid sár-rialacha mar a bhaineann le ...
- Na rudaí a d’fhoghlaimaíomar faoi chultúr na...
- Is é téama na seachtaine ná ...
- Is féidir linn é a rá i...
- Na teangacha mórthimpeall orainn..
Ideas and Resources for Hosting Class Teachers -
Please click on the following links to download documents which can help the hosting class teacher integrate the modern languages into other curricular areas:
Best Practice Documents - please click on the following links to download information relevant to hosting class teachers:
Embedding Documents - these documents give the hosting class teacher some language that they can use as part of the school day outside of the modern language class:
Green School - click on the following links to download the language relevant to the Green School Project
Additional Resources & Links -
Hosting Class Teachers and Staff Teachers
On this page you will find a selection of useful resources, ideas, planning templates and website links to help the hosting class teacher to integrate the Modern Language in his/her class and school
Please contact your Regional Advisor with any suggestions you may have for this page.
Whether you are a Modern Language Teacher or a Hosting Class Teacher, why not try some of these ideas! Collaborate if necessary!
Planning for collaborative projects between class teachers and language teachers is essential. Click here to find planning templates and tips which will help you organise language projects.
How does the modern language fit into the Primary Curriculum? - Click here to download a document which gives ideas on how to integrate the modern language across the primary curriculum.
Useful websites for all primary teachers - please see the language-specific sections of the site - there you will find a wealth of resources for the use of flashcards, ICT, songs, games and much more for your classroom. You will also find websites can which can be used for language and general reference. These websites are relevant not only for the modern language class but also for the primary class.
Click here to find many ideas as to how you can collaborate with the language teacher in your school on cross curricular projects.
ICT & Cross-curricular projects - Work collaboratively with your language teacher in the ML class on ICT projects. Find out how you can motivate your pupils in the modern language class and in other curricular areas here. Video tutorials will guide you on how to use photo story,Vokis and Audacity effectively and with confidence. This page also offers excellent ideas and practical examples for ICT tasks which can combine active learning, group work and ICT. Special focus is given to projects using Microsoft Office and Publisher, Digital Media and the Internet. Listed also is useful software which is free to download.
Click on the languages below to find useful phrases which you, as the class teacher, can use to embed the modern language in your class room. This document provides vocabulary for the class teacher to take the roll, say the daily prayer and also to give classroom instructions to the pupils in class: Italian Spanish German French
European Day of Languages - September 26th: September 26th is a special day to encourage people of all ages to start learning a new language and to encourage people to take part in events that celebrate speaking and learning about other lanuages and cultures. Useful website: http://language.e2bn.org/index.php